CD Reviews | CTD (Briefly Noted) | JFL (Dip Your Ears) | DVD Reviews

20.7.05

Ionarts in New Mexico

After a long trip in an airplane (not without challenges when you are traveling with two small children, who were both angels), we are in Los Alamos, New Mexico. I took the photograph you see here last night, from the patio where we are staying, looking out at the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. (Note that with Blogger's new photo uploading option, you can click on that image to look at a full-sized image.) The temperature is probably about as high here as it was in Washington, but the humidity was so miserably high there compared to bone dryness here, which is much more pleasant. It does have its down side, however: my contact lenses dried out on my eyes last night, and I couldn't seem to make any tears. So, I have been drinking water steadily and feel much more hydrated today.

I am here, of course, to hear three operas at Santa Fe Opera, beginning with Mozart's Lucio Silla tonight. I will be spending the day listening to a recording of it in preparation. It's not an opera that I know very well at all. Yet. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

donald said...

its damn good place to visit and truly a scenic beauty