- Joyce DiDonato plays the Concertgebouw -- we are looking forward to hearing her new recital CD. She has pictures, too. [Yankee Diva]
- One thing is clear: never, ever doubt the word of Opera Chic. As the long-eared sibyl of Milan prophesied, Baltimore Opera has filed for bankruptcy and canceled the remainder of its season. [Baltimore Sun]
- If there is any classical music left in Baltimore, who knows how long the Baltimore Sun will be around to cover it. Does anyone want to buy a newspaper in the present financial climate? Could such a person find a creditor? Even the Washington Post reportedly lost money in 2008. [Wall Street Journal]
- The mainstream media, thankfully, took note of the 100th birthday of Elliott Carter. [Charlie Rose]
- Avery Cardinal Dulles -- the glory of American theologians -- requiescat in pace. [Whispers in the Loggia]
- Blog fatigue sets in after a year or two, and many bloggers we have admired over the years have hung up their hats (*sniff* Addio, Vilaine Fille). Hang tough, Phil Ford! [Dial "M" for Musicology]
Rewilding the Language.
31 minutes ago