CD Reviews | CTD (Briefly Noted) | JFL (Dip Your Ears) | DVD Reviews

31.1.05

Movies about Rome

As I mentioned in a recent post, I will be in Rome next month, taking part in a recording project in the church of Santa Maria Maggiore. At that point, no one had any ideas to offer for things I should try to see or do when in Rome, so I am asking a different question. What films are set in Rome that are worth seeing again before I leave? Based on recent reviewings of Roman Holiday and the two Fellini films listed below, I am ready to become involved in crazy adventures with beautiful princesses and starlets, preferably avoiding paparazzi while racing around in a sports car. Here are the films that came to mind for viewing before my trip:

If you can think of any other films set in Rome, perhaps with a different vantage point, that's what the Comments link is for down there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Carol Reed's The Agony and the Ecstasy (1965), starring Charlton Heston?

Unknown said...

- Romanzo criminal
- Belly of an Architect
- La Tigre e La Neve
- Umberto D.

Anonymous said...

The Italian film, An American in Rome, is a classic.