CD Reviews | CTD (Briefly Noted) | JFL (Dip Your Ears) | DVD Reviews

6.6.04

Alex Ross on Ives and the Pulitzer

Among the many anniversaries being celebrated this year, I wrote (on May 21) about what is happening (and what, scandalously, is not happening) in honor of the 50th anniversary this year of Charles Ives's death. Alex Ross, music critic for The New Yorker, published an article on Ives in the most recent issue (Pandemonium, June 7), which was excellent reading. Also, thanks to Terry Teachout at About Last Night, I learned that Alex Ross has started a Web site and blog, The Rest Is Noise. Among other interesting stuff, Alex has been writing about the flap over the changes to the Pulitzer Prize in Music. I now feel my sense of guilt for not writing about that issue melting away as I link to Alex's posts here and here.

No comments: