- It was inevitable that Alex Ross's blogging would be absorbed back into The New Yorker's Web site, now that the magazine has decided to embrace the Internet age. So -- it's happened. Alex being Alex, of course, it will instantly be indispensable reading. [Unquiet Thoughts]
- Someone donates some land to the Santa Fe Opera. It turns out there is oil under the land. The company agrees to let drilling proceed, garnering lease fees and a cut of the profits. Environmentalists are miffed. [Seattle Times]
- Calvin Trillin gets all poetic on Roman Polanski's ass. Brilliant. [The Nation]
- Edmund White gave this interview that, among other things, included his clawing back in a literary cat fight with Gore Vidal. This will surely be featured on the new Fox special, "When Old Queens Attack." [Salon]
- Cunard Cruise Lines has struck a deal with the National Symphony Orchestra to provide performances of music on its cruises. [On an Overgrown Path]
- Duke Basketball, serving Satan since 1984. [The Onion]
What Would Happen if G.P.S. Failed?
39 minutes ago