- With hat tip to The Literary Saloon, Philip Roth gave an interview about his new novel, Indignation. [Wall Street Journal]
- Twenty-two unpublished humor pieces by Mark Twain will be published. [Maud Newton]
- Last week Alex Ross disapproved of orchestral musicians wearing tails, and this week it's Greg Sandow doing the same. Again -- really? This is such a big deal? Tuxedos are so bad? I even enjoy wearing one -- in fact, I did just last night, at the opera. [Sandow]
- Heh. With hat tip to Opera Chic, this bit of opera-related fun: "The fit lady sings! Opera beauty Emma Reed peels off for Page Three — and shows why her ditties are so highly regarded." [The Sun]
- Rocco Palmo has published the English translation of what Pope Benedict XVI said in his address to the world of French culture. Representatives of France's cultural elite gathered in the Collège des Bernardins in the 5th arrondissement during the papal visit to Paris. [Whispers in the Loggia]
- Kriston Capps has a Christo-related Snoopy cartoon. Apparently, Charles Schulz was friends with Christo and Jeanne-Claude. [Grammar.police]
Does immigration enforcement reduce crime?
5 hours ago