CD Reviews | CTD (Briefly Noted) | JFL (Dip Your Ears) | DVD Reviews

27.4.05

Le Blogging

The French newspaper Le Monde, which is one of my regular reads for their excellent cultural coverage, has gotten into the blog business. This came to my attention because one of their blogs, an excellent arts blog called Lunettes Rouges has linked to Ionarts, calling us Un blog avec beaucoup d'informations sur l'art en Europe. The author is an anonymous amateur d'art, who has also left a comment here at Ionarts, on my little post concerning the Caravaggio show in Naples (now in London). I assure you, Mr. Red Glasses, I am happy to know you are reading and referring others to Ionarts. A tous nos lecteurs français et francophones, mille fois merci!

From what I can tell, Le Monde started this blogging thing with some of its own journalists, but readers are now also able to sign up for their own blogs. Other great blogs I am discovering in the Le Monde group: Big Picture, a blog in French about the United States, written by Corine Lesnes, one of the newspaper's correspondents in New York; Copier-décoller, a group blog by the photography collective Tendance Floue; Pierre Assouline's La république des livres; Virginie Luc's modern art blog Do not fold; and Francis Drouin's pêle-mail. In fact, there are already 140 blogs in the Arts and Culture category at the time of this writing. As if I didn't already have enough to read... Au boulot!

No comments: