CD Reviews | CTD (Briefly Noted) | JFL (Dip Your Ears) | DVD Reviews

9.3.05

A Night In Tunisia (Oops, It's New York)

Sorry: I've been listening to Dizzy. Off to New York for a whirlwind of art. Tomorrow I'll try to disguise myself as press and get to preview the Armory Show and then the Tim Hawkinson show at the Whitney. I spent the whole day at The Gates and missed taking in the Whitney on my last visit. If my stamina holds up, the night will include ribs at the Jazz Standard.

Friday I'll check out the Scope Art Fair (brunch), which should be interesting. After that, Salander-O'Reilly has a Paul Resika exhibit up. On the afternoon I plan on cruising through Chelsea, I just noticed that a Damien Hirst exhibit opens that day at the Gagosian Gallery. Maybe there will be something dead floating in a tank, but I understand he's into painting now. It's the new fad. Formaldehyde is so last year. My original intention was to spend Saturday at the press preview for the Greater New York exhibit at PS-1, but they're only allowing broadcast media. What am I, chopped blog? Maybe a post by Monday, with a lot of pictures!

No comments: